Monday, March 20, 2006

A Food Post.

I found out that my new superpowers of touch also apply in ultrasensitivity to temperature.
I found this out while cooking.
Ouch, okay.
It was perfectly fine holding it with the other hand...

I cooked with Carisa today (my four year old neice, paraplegic). She discovered the joys of wheelchair dancing to the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. I discovered the joys of teaching your baby to cook. For being paralyzed from the waist down, she sure does a pretty good running commentary.

We made juice! As I was squeezing oranges, one of the kids came in and said, "What kind of juice are you making?"
I'm printing him up a sign. I looked at the oranges, looked at him, resisted the temptation for a wisecrack, and meekly said, "See if you can guess by my clothes." He said, "I don't know, blue juice?"
Very funny, kid.

I accidentally put too much salt in the steak. The lid fell off the shaker. Yeah, happens sometimes. Well, I swished it around a bit to cover the sight. Figured what you couldn't see wouldn't hurt you. I said to myself, a little too much salt never hurt anyone.
Then a little voice in my head said, "Yeah? Try telling that to Lot's wife."
He had a point.
Remember her?

While we're on the subject of food, here is an extremely dorky joke me and Ben (sic) tossed around the day. Goes like this.
You say to someone: What are hotDOGS made of in China?
They fully expect the literal, and answer: Dogs, of course. They think you are stupid.
You surprise them. You are not stupid, just extremely corny: Nope. Christians.

That'll teach you to expect great minds.

Joe.

3 Comments:

At 12:30 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

who are you getting to take pics of you now?

 
At 12:45 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heehee. Shh. Oh ho, it's Miss I Don't Have Internet!!
Write us!
Ben, I got the drums for By The Way, Finished Sleep, Shiver, and half of Mine... and reeeeeeeally want to work on Million Dollar Dream. Get back here!

Joe.

 
At 7:57 pm, Blogger Lisa said...

Could be.. we never knew what we were eating in China.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home