Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Kissing The Smile



(Posted a little late due to Internet cut.)
Today an amazing woman arrived. (Actually it was last night at midnight, but I was too busy then to write this). Confetti and fireworks. But I would like to talk about her smile.
This woman has the most amazing smile in the world. It smacks of glamour and charm but laced with just enough humility to be entirely intoxicating. Every once in a while you find a smile that just absolutely ends all other smiles, and she somehow has gotten ahold of one.
Being able to kiss the smile full on its lips after months of flirting with feathertips and corners is like... I'm going to have to wax less romantic and get into personal taste here to avoid cliche. Okay, so it's like gazing into a glimmering double rainbow or inhaling a rosebud and all that. Sure. But to me it's like, well... eating a whole jar of peanut butter. Like making a jumpshot over Jono. It's like scaling a ten-footer without breaking momentum. It's one of those beautiful things in life that make you stand back with your hands on your hips and say, "Wow, not bad."
Kissing the smile is about sugary closeness and fistfuls of hair and fluttering eyelids. It's about a slippery response to the command, "Please," for the first time properly. It's about the sounds in your ears as much as the taste on your lips or the mouth-watering sight. Or the areola under your fingertips. It's about clenching your teeth around a shoulderblade because all your attention is elsewhere and your mouth is open anyway. Or scraping an already sunburned back.
Kissing the smile begins to digress.

Joe.

22 Comments:

At 6:23 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha so sweet! I love you guys!!

 
At 6:37 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Joe, let's have a pix of your girlfriends hot face too!

 
At 6:51 pm, Blogger Jamie said...

Awwww, so cool! I'm happy for you guys! Love to her from me. :)

 
At 10:33 pm, Blogger Liz said...

ewwww...

 
At 3:32 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peanut butter is dense, dry and sticks to and in between your teeth. You don't need too much of it to fill you up quite quickly. Depending on the brand, it's possible that it's somewhat bitter (or just not sweet) as well.
I can't kiss somebody thinking of peanut butter. Maybe she just had a spoonful of peanut butter right before you kissed her? Might have been a midnight snack, you know! Ah, yes, that must be it!

Great picture btw!

 
At 9:05 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sickeningly sweet.

 
At 11:31 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She sounds like quite a girl.

but rainbows (double or otherwise)
have a shorter life span then a house fly.

eat a whole jar of p.b and nobody will be kissing you.

admittedly the jumpshot would be a rush. (assuming of course Jono is nothing less then 6"0)

the shoulder will bruise and all you'll have left is a piece of her skin in between your teeth.

and thats when the gnashing begins.

 
At 12:12 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It´s called ¨German kissing,¨ Wellwisher. I named it myself.

Isn´t peanut butter great?

Gio.

 
At 12:13 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah.... where did you get that picture?

...I like lips....

Gio.

 
At 1:41 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You people don't understand. I am comparing things I adore, not stickling for details. Peanut butter has nothing to do with kissing, I just happen to like them both a very lot.

Wellwisher: Don't you mean, "Pessimist" ..? Dear Lord.

Gio: That picture I chose because I didn't have enough time to take one. You will be seeing plenty of her though. It's from some online archives. Believe me, I'd prefer to use Family girls (because they rock), but you would not BELIEVE the red tape when you need something on a dime.

That is sad.

Never mind. Plenty of system pics.

Joe.

 
At 7:31 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Liz.

ewww...

But yeah, you are one lucky guy.
Take care of her.

And, Congrats to her!

I'm guessing her name is being withheld for a reason?

 
At 10:45 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gawd, do i remember finding a peanut butter jar under your bed where you stole it, ate it all and hid a grass snake inside. Scared the shit outta me. That little green f*cker. So who IS she?

 
At 6:15 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

joe. help me out here. did i read your comment wrong? or are you trying to say that the senual liplock isn't the two or you?

because those lips could not belong to anyone else.

since when has red tape stopped you?

 
At 3:39 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like lips too, thats a cute photo and I think you guys sound like a cute couple. and wellwisher, are you sure you are "wishing well" with your comment, let them be gosh, seriously if they like peanut butter, thats there problem, not yours!

 
At 6:23 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sheesh Joe, crawl outta bed already.

 
At 6:43 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Her name isn't being withheld. It's Charlotte.

Joe.

 
At 11:03 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so sweet. I'm so happy for you guys! How cool is that. Joe AND Charlotte. Post a pic!

 
At 10:45 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the lip on the left looks diseased .. and the other one looks like it got bit by a bee

 
At 12:16 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww Joe you are a writer

 
At 2:29 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG!!!! You can write! I was just reading thru some of your old posts as I'd never read them and this one completely flabbergasted me. I mean it is just soooo emotionally charged...

I like your blog it's anything but boring... ;-D

 
At 10:08 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, crazy, I am honoured. Do you think I could post a picture of you... if you see this question?

Love, Joe.

 
At 4:30 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe thanks for the offer but I'd prefer if you didn't... I'm not actually in the Family anymore anyway so there probably wouldn't be much of the "sweet family spirit" shining through my photos...but I take it as a compliment that you wanted to ;-P xoxo --crazy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home