Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Praise Time: Songwriting! (How-To's). Part Three: Banda

I like putting these juicy little notes on here before the actual post, they're like appetizers. Well, I have a juicy one today.
As of 9:00 PM last night, I am now the VERY LAST PERSON IN THE WORLD who has been ACCEPTED TO WORDSTOCK IV!
You know I don't like news, but I am going to allow myself capital letters and even a few exclamation marks.
Let me just say that I decided to apply at the last minute as a representative of all you people who won't be able to go this year (isn't that cosmic?). Even all of you who have never gone at all! Me neither! So I am going this year as an official representative of each of you, and together we'll find out what all this hype is about. And with that I give you the last and best episode of our Praise Time: Songwriting Trilogy.

***

Praise time: Songwriting!
(DISCLAIMER: You don't have to be a musical Home to do this praise idea!)
* Put together a list of song titles. Kids' songs or very common praise songs are ideal. Below is a list of song ideas.
* Divide your Home into a few groups of 2-5 people, depending on the size of your Home. Cut out the song titles and place them in a hat or bowl.
* Have each group pick out a song title and give them 3-5 minutes to come up with praise words that fit the tune of the song they chose.
* Have each team take turns presenting their praise song to the Home.


Part Three: Banda.



Try it yourself at your next devotions!

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 12:32 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how did you pull that one off Joe, tsk tsk...ok everyone, lesson for the day is,'it pays to have ..connections'...hahah,..so true..happy 4 u!

 
At 9:10 pm, Blogger Rosita said...

Woah! Now, that is so totally not fair. I didn't get to go and I live here! LOL, happy for you!

"It sure pays to have good connections." I echo that! Glad you'll get to go. You'd better be good now, you hear?

 
At 2:02 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guys, that is nonsense. I have no connections. --I just broke a window and stole one of the bracelets!

No, but really, it was just a miracle of God to a music lover, nothing to do with connections!

Love, Joe.

 
At 7:08 am, Blogger Jules said...

hilarious! if i had been there i probably would have died of laughter. sounds like everyone else behind the camera is.

which one's you, joe?

 
At 11:18 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

None of them are Joe (haha), just the teen boys in our home.

P.S. Joe, how are you commenting when you're at WordStock?
Stay away from the computers!!

 
At 10:38 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha yes i like teresas thinking, connections!...

and boy oh boy those were some juicy notes..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home