Saturday, January 07, 2006

I found...

...eighty bucks.

On the ground.

I'm in MEGA, shopping, tired, hungry, grumpy, staring at the aisle which stretches spotlessly on and on for miles, while my sister picks out ingredients from the shelves. Suddenly I realize that I am staring at the one spot that exists on the entire floor... and that it's green. Green?

I walk over. I pick it up.

I put it in my pocket.

Well, I count it first. 4 $20 bills. Brand new. Someone is watching over me. That should help pay for my bus ride up to Monterrey and back. Where I am starting out my vacation. Not staying there but.. Well, it's too hot. I mean not... You see, I... um... never mind.

I was reminded of:

When I was young I lost my wallet on a Greyhound. It contained, among other valuable keepsakes, 79 dollars. I had been getting into the habit of snitching 20 bucks here and there from the can when ballooning on the weekends at WalMart, and I knew why I had lost that money.

I lost money a fair bit when I was young. In Pakistan I got into the habit of snitching the change from the shopping. Until I was stopped in my tracks by misplacing another enormous sum. The story of my life. That's how I learned not to steal.

So. Boring story of the week award? Wait till you hear about this organization I just invented. Next time.

Joe.

5 Comments:

At 11:56 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool! I'm so glad. Love, Dad

 
At 11:59 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The picture in your logo must be you just after you found it! --Dad

 
At 3:52 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha you snitched money from the ballooning cans too?-wait, i didn't say that out loud.

 
At 7:40 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, now that you're Miss Thing, now that you're a zillionaire, you could pay us back!!
JK.

Joe.

 
At 7:56 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Huh? Me a zillionaire? You talking to me? Pay US back? Sounds like YOU have paying back to do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home