Monday, December 19, 2005

Parkour...

...apparently it's all the rage these days. I've found my soulmates!

So beasting around after hours has a name after all does it? Parkour--it has a nice ring to it. I like it.

Shucks. And all this time I thought I was being original! Eman or Dan or Chosen Of The Sun would know what I am talking about.

So that would make me a traceur, albeit sort of a grunt, who majors in free running, but does do some tricking occasionally, and bails a lot.

Yo, yo, what up.

Here are some vids (videos):


Apparently he was a major of the sport.

And then, of course, the freaky idiots of Parkour.

This vid is good, and I like the first guy's style, but it should not be taken as a real example of mainstream Parkour. I highly recommend it. Just watching gives you a rush, much more doing.

Joe.

5 Comments:

At 1:01 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Huh, huh and Huh?

 
At 9:22 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Life is made of obstacles and challenges - To overcome them is to progress.

If you become skilled at Parkour you gain something for the rest of life.

Understanding the philosophy of Parkour is to look further than just the simple movement or the performance of the movement. It could even be said to be a lesson of life for everyday!

But still you have to internalise the philosophy - An esssential element of learning Parkour.
(right?) (Batman? Spiderman? huh?)

 
At 3:46 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey. How do you know what Parkour is? Shouldn't you be cautioning me about all the horrible dangers, not encouraging my playful foolishness?
That is true though. You have to internalize the flowing philosophy. Man, if I could learn that for Home Councils.

Joe.

 
At 3:47 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Google. As long as it's not dangerous. Actually I couldn't find out anything concrete from that website. So I guess like anything else, discipleship or anything, it's what you make it. KGFG! Love you so so much! Merry Christmas!

 
At 8:05 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way cool.

I have a new hobby.

Gio.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home