Sunday, February 18, 2007

No Car

We saw a car accident yesterday. Driving down the road, minding our own business, and suddenly a movement in the corner of our eyes, across the divider.
Now, this was a small car--but they look massive when they are in the process of flipping upside down.
Which it was. Length-wise. I missed how or why, but I did see the spectacular landing, and, yes, was again shaken, and yes, prayed for the plaintiff.
It's things like this that make you not want to even get a license (this and the draft). I mean, you get to thinking, 'Aack I'm sick of all this walking,' and you start contemplating a license--but then you see something like this, and it's like FORGET IT!
Driving is crazy! Don't tell me about parkour if you drive a car! I mean, have you ever heard of 'walking accidents'? NO! It doesn't happen!
It's like, 'I was walking down the road one day when all of a sudden I lost control of my legs and flipped over.'
Yeah, right.
Or, 'I was walking along and suddenly my shoes gave out and I smashed into a tree.'
Not happening. You walk, you get where you're going. That's what happens. You don't have any close calls with other drunk walkers or crazy women walkers. You don't get standing tickets ("Sorry sir, you are illegally stood."). You don't fall asleep at the legs. No traffic. No "head"-on collisions. No "rear"-end collisions.
So walk, for God's sake! (Or take a bus--at least you're bigger than everything else on the road.)

Love, Joe.

PS
And while we're on the subject, don't you think they should make guys and girls drive on separate sides of the road? Just for safety?
Hahah, just kidding.

Labels:

10 Comments:

At 4:57 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

um.. how bout pedestrians getting run over by cars... in the city's there's more death related accidents involving cars hitting people... than car on car accidents... generaly cuz in the city ur not driving fast enough to die...
tho seeing a car accident shouldn't make you scared of driving unless you're worried that you're gonna be the bad driver who caused the accident

 
At 7:57 am, Blogger Rosita said...

Hmmph! Was that a jab at our female kind?

Well, for your personal info... somebody quick get me those statistics... they say that male drivers between the ages of 16 and 25 have more accidents than females of the same age.

So, how does that shoot your sexist comments?

I think it'd be a great idea for you to try walking... leave the road to us females!

 
At 12:03 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Couldn't agree more! #1605 Very cute dear Joe---lost control of my legs and flipped over. Wait until you're nearly 62, well I've been doing that for years. If there's a hole I'll fall into it, or a curb to fall off of. Recently I got off a bus and everybody stared as I tripped over the curb and fell in a neat heap. Of course nobody helped me, this is China. (Actually when I fell down in HK somebody picked me up--to my great surprise!) I'm used to being embarrassed. And HERE< we do have head on and rear-end collisions, even in the supermarket. hahaha!

 
At 12:05 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wraf: See? Cars AGAIN! If we'd take cars out of the equation, we'd take the deaths out of the equation.

Rosita: Aaah, I was just playing. But great comeback, you know.

Mom: Thank you!

Hear that everyone? Read ML #1605! --You'll love it!

Love, Joe.

 
At 2:39 am, Blogger Lisa said...

What if you had to choose between three hours of public transport along with biking and walking or one 20 minute drive? Every day.

 
At 11:55 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ur retarted

 
At 8:48 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahahaha yes u r retarded ... but you always make me laugh!!!!

 
At 9:02 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

males may have more accidents.. but its the gerlys that have been causing them.. hehe

 
At 9:26 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God you have the most retarded conclusions in the whole universe. Take this: you're walking down the street and you step on ice, a banana peel, a toy dropped by a baby, etc and you flip over. Presto! You've hurt yourself. Duh! Or maybe you're walking about minding you're own business and a potted plant falls from a balcony. Again, your head cracks open. Or maybe, just maybe, you're walking down the street (without a car , mind you) and there's an earthquake , you lose control of your legs and flip over. All these things happen pretty regularly to normal guys like you (well, you're not that normal) walking down the street.

Please save your idiocies for the 12-year-old girls that like your music. The real world is different. Moron!

 
At 9:37 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, anonymous, has that ever happened to you???

"Take this: you're walking down the street and you step on ice, a banana peel, a toy dropped by a baby, etc and you flip over"

And I imagine has happened to a normal guy like you??? Haha, if I hadn't read joe's post, I's actually think what u said is funny, but after Joe's post, everything else sounds pathetic...

Joe, do you know what makes your post downright funny?? that it also makes perfect sense!!! I'm gonna start waking!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home