Saturday, February 25, 2012

New Jason Mraz Album - Love Is a Four Letter Word - Advanced Copy



The track list for the new Jason Mraz album - Love Is a Four Letter Word - was just released, and I know many of you are huge fans (too many in my humble opinion). Since this new Jason Mraz album will not be released until April, I have decided to give it to you to download a few months early.

Ad: Beautiful Time Lapse Painting Video

These links are mostly to download live versions of the songs that will be on Love Is a Four Letter Word, the new Jason Mraz album. Although you won't be able to hear them in all their over-produced glory for a few more months, these downloads should give you a pretty good idea of what to expect. Below are the links to download the new Jason Mraz album - Love Is a Four Letter Word. (Keyword rich post for Google searches =)

01 The Freedom Song
02 Living in the Moment
03 The Woman I Love
04 I Won't Give Up
05 5/6 (Be Love)
06 Everything Is Sound (not available)
07 93 Million Miles
08 Frank D. Fixer
09 Who's Thinking About You Now?
10 In Your Hands
11 Be Honest
12 The World As I See It

Deluxe Version Bonus Tracks:
You Fckn Did It
I Never Knew You

This new Jason Mraz album - Love Is a Four Letter Word - sounds suspiciously like one of those motivational, self-help, positivity train wrecks that many of us are all too familiar with. "I've got peace in my soul" because I "live in the moment." Sigh.

I won't say that it is completely devoid of Mraz's usual inspiration, but I will hint that from what I've seen so far it seems all but. Maybe I just miss the machine-gun fast word plays that we've been spoiled with by previous Mraz records, or maybe it's just that live guitar-only versions really are just mere specters. Maybe falling in love really does ruin Hall of Fame songwriters by causing them to lose focus or worse (never blame the man). Whatever the case, this writer was intrigued at first but quickly underwhelmed.

Case in point: the first single from Love Is a Four Letter Word - the new Jason Mraz album - was I Won't Give Up. It quickly shot to 8th place in Billboard's Hot 100 - probably mostly from sheer morbid curiosity - and then plummeted just as quickly. Now it is nowhere to be found on any chart. For Mraz's sake, I hope this is not an ominous portend of the performance of the whole album, but I fear it just might be.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 8:23 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for saving me! I love Jason Mraz! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home